Sunday, September 12, 2010

You're Beautiful

I just HAVE to say, if ever there actually WAS a certain thing called K-Pop fever, I have been blissfully spared by it... not until now.

After spending my entire day yesterday (9am Saturday) until the wee hours the next morning (4am Sunday) just watching the complete DVD copy of the Korean series "You're Beautiful", then I'd guess it's about proper to admit, "I'm guilty as charged, your honor."

If my memory serves me right, there are only three Korean series I've been hooked up before, and they are (in no apparent order) Lovers in Paris, Memories of Bali and Princess Hours.

Well, I guess, NOW, I had to add "You're Beautiful" to that list. How was I to know that my plan of fending off sleepiness would end up with me sitting in the living room for the entire day!

The story revolves around a girl who was pulled out from her quiet existence in a convent to pretend to be her fraternal twin brother, who was an up-and-coming rock star, as he got himself stuck in the US with a blotched surgery. And once she got herself introduced (incognito as her brother) to the leading Korean pop group, the excitement all broke loose.

If you look at it with critical eye, you'll be able to see a lot of glitches in the plot, take for example, the fact that the leading female star doesn't really look male in any angle no matter what baggy clothes you dumped on her! But that's television for you, I guess, it doesn't have to be politically correct, you just have to use a certain amount of imagination to go with what you're watching.

And apparently, it worked for me!

It served me a good deal to relax actually and it was a nice break --- some thing which I've been just longing to for days!

And the fact that all the actors on the series are pleasing on the eyes wasn't really bad at all, it was more than a consolation, it was as President Ahn's tag line in the series, it was a "Jackpot!"

So, here's me, currently fighting off a series hang over and a certain instant crush developed for the leading male character, Taekyung! Sheesh.

Can I also join your fan club, Taekyung? You're also a 100% on my book!

2 comments:

  1. adikkk..he's beautiful ang title ato..hahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. korean translation from pirated cds sucks. yun un. =P

    ReplyDelete